You might have a restriction on how far from home you are allowed to take a foster child; conversely, you might be able to take a child out of the country for a vacation.

Even if you know that you are allowed to travel out-of-state in order to visit relatives, you'll have to inform the fostering agency of your plans.

All travel, must have the written authorization of your agency and/or county social worker. Parents are required to inform their social worker of the whereabouts of the children at all times, including if there are plans to travel. 

Was this article helpful?