Each infant, or child requiring a crib, shall be provided with an individual, safe, and sturdy bassinet or crib as appropriate to the age and size of the infant or child. The following shall apply to cribs:
- Tiered or stacked cribs, or cribs with drop sides, shall not be used.
- Crib slats shall not pose the danger of an infant or child being trapped.
- A crib mattress shall be clean, comfortable, and fit properly in the crib.
- Linen shall include a fitted sheet that fits tightly on a crib mattress and overlaps the underside of the mattress so it cannot be dislodged.
- Linen shall be changed at least once per week or more often when necessary to ensure that clean linen is in use at all times.
- A bassinet or crib shall be free from all loose articles and objects.
- Objects may not hang above or be attached to any side of a bassinet or crib.
- An infant or child who can climb out of a crib shall be provided with an age-appropriate bed.