Foster care reimbursement payments are exempt from both State and Federal income taxes. If you need additional information, contact a tax consultant or the Internal Revenue Service.

NOTE: Do not claim your foster child as a dependent without checking with the IRS or a tax consultant.

Was this article helpful?