Damages to Home

If your home is damaged by fire, earthquake or other disaster, notify your agency  social worker as soon as possible and provide the following information:

  1. Location of temporary residence, telephone number and name of individuals residing in the residence.  If you are going to be staying with friends or relatives until your home is habitable, the adults would need to be fingerprinted.
  1. Advise the family social worker if emergency housing is needed for the foster child.
  2. If the move will be more than 30 days, we will need a new application and certification will have to be issued.  We would need an emergency plan and a floor plan.
  3. If you move back into your old home, a new fire and safety inspection will have to be done prior to the foster children residing in the home.

Was this article helpful?