All children are encouraged to work, and those over age sixteen (16) will be expected to work during summer vacation. During the school year, children may maintain a job if they have at least a C average in school. During the last six (6) months in placement, the requirement for a C average may be waived to assist in preparing the child for independence.
Jobs must meet the following criteria:
- No child may accept a job where only one adult supervises them and there are not other people around, unless the job supervisor has received a fingerprint clearance.
- The child must supply the foster parent with the name of the business, address, telephone number, and name of employer or supervisor.
- The child will be on time to work, and return to the resource home after work.
- The hours of employment will be consistent with the work permit.
- Must open a savings account.