To become a foster or adoptive parent (resource parent), the following requirements must be met:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Background: Must have no criminal history that will prevent you from being a foster parent.
- Identification or Driver’s license: Possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Ability to transport children.
- No minimum income requirements but parents must be able to financially manage their own expenses.
- Bedroom: At least one extra bedroom in your home (which may be rented or owned).