During the Approval Process it is important that foster parents notify the resource family evaluation representative (keep the telephone number handy) prior to or as soon as possible for any of the following occurrences:
- You decide to move. If you move, your new home must be re-evaluated immediately. Although the state of California now allows the foster family agency to update the address of the resource parent within 30 days of being notified of the change in residence.
- You decide to remodel your home.
- You decide to install a pool, hot tub, or other body of water.
- You change your telephone number.
- You change your marital status.
- Someone moves into or out of your home.
- Serious illness/death of any household member.
- Substantial change in family income.
- Any situation that will require you to be gone from your home for 48 hours or more.
- Any other substantial changes in your living arrangement.
Applicants also have to complete all required training (12 hours minimum). The State of California now allows for First Aid and CPR training to be completed 90 days after approval.
The TB test is no longer mandatory, but is optional.
You must fingerprint children when they turn 18 if they will continue to live in your home.